Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr Visit with Dr Denys for Consultation about the rebel node

It took a week to get in to see Dr Denys. Which I felt pretty fortunate about, considering his schedule is pretty booked most of the time. It was a typical visit where I waited for a while (maybe an hour).  At least I had my iphone to text people and play games and read, until it had less than 10% of power and I thought I should turn it off so I can call my wife on the way home.

It was weird going to the same room where we were originally given the news that I had thyroid cancer over 2 years ago.

Dr Denys looked over the tests etc...and decided that I should remove the jelly bean size node in my neck. Despite the negative pathology reports, we had a high number for the new thyroglobulin test. We set a date for March 20th to have it removed. He thinks we should be able to do an outpatient surgery, which means I will be able to sleep at home not the hospital. (much lighter on my HSA)

Here we go again for surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment